60g Cake flour
3 yolks (using 60g eggs)
40g sun flower oil
1 tsp yam essence
violet food colouring (as desired)
Caster Sugar 45g
4 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 160 degree celcius.
2. Combine egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Add yam essence, oil and coconut milk and blend together. Add in cake flour and mix until batter is sticky.
3. To make meringue, whisk the egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add in half of the sugar and continue beating for a couple minutes, then add remaining sugar and whisk until stiff peak. A handheld electric whisk works best for the job.
4. Add 1/3 of merginue to egg yolk mixture and fold in lightly. Then add former batter into the remaining meringue and fold in with swift actions.
5. Pour batter into a 17cm chiffon tin and place in oven (lower second rack) to bake for 20 mins at 160 degree celcius and 25mins at 150 degree celcius.
6. When cake is done, flip it over to cool completely (approx. 30minutes to 1hr) before unmoulding. My preferred unmoulding method is by hand. What is unmoulding by hand? Here’s a link to my favourite blogger’s video: http://www.thebakingbiatch.com/2013/01/fluffy-pandan-chiffon-cake.html